This Saturday was a big day for my mom, she completed the IOP Connector 5K Run/Walk. I was really nervous that her knee and foot may give her problems and would possibly keep her from doing the down and back walk but she really pushed through like a champ! The first 1.55 miles she blew through like it was nothing even though we had to push up the steep grade of the connector. She rocked the second stretch just the same, pushing through the hot morning sun back up the bridge and eventually down to the finish line. Her total time was 54 minutes and change, which I think was great! Way to go mom and I can't wait to do more races with you!
Mom was a little shocked when she was told she had to climb the bridge twice! :)
Runs and walkers ready to conquer the bridge.
Mom and me heading up the bridge.
Pretty view of Goat Island from the top of the bridge.
Victory is in the smile! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment