I know the old saying goes that you should never show favorites between the people you love but it's so hard not to sometimes. Besides is it really wrong? I mean I know that my mom favors my sister, she's the baby and that my grandparents liked me and my brother and sister more then the other grandkids but shoot we lived with them most of our lives. It's just one of those things that you just can't help! I can't believe I'm saying it out loud but this is the case for Chris and me. I promise we love all of our nieces and nephews greatly and would do anything for them, but when it comes to Brogan and Jackson there's just something different. They are the our heart and soul and to be honest I don't know when it all happened. It's as if our bond and love for them just snuck up on the two of us. There's always such excitement for each of us when we know we're going to see the two guys. We love them each but have bonded with them separately. Chris no doubt is going to always grab Jackson first because that's his guy. He is the one person that can bring Chris to tears just by telling him about what he's learned at school or that he has to grow up to get big but he promises to love his Uncle Chris forever. Together they are like two peas in a pod, most of the time it's hard to tell which one is five. As for men I have bonded with the rowdy of the two, Brogan. He's so little and loving yet has many of the characteristics of Dennis the Menace! He can make a bad day great by screaming my name when he sees me for dinner at grandma and grandpas or by jumping in my lap to tell me about Uncle Chris' attempt to make him angry, his A.D.D cracks me up and I always love to see where is thoughts will go next. He's really funny. I know that one day they will have to grow up and that's been very hard for Chris and I handle. Our times with them right now are so much fun and to know that one day we'll just be the old aunt and uncle just makes us sad. Often times we wish they could stay this young forever but in the same sense we have so many hopes and dreams for their future. We know that they will be amazing young men some day because of who they are already. Our prayer is that they have wings to fly and and that they know we will always love them, be proud of them and here for them no matter what! Ray and Brandy I know we tell you this all the time but thank you for letting us be a part of your little ones growing up. As you know they mean the world to us and we are so grateful for the times we share with them. We love you guys!
The excitement is killing him!
Me showing Jackson how to hold the icing.
Taking his own route.
Brogan has a blowout with the blue icing.
The boys hard at work.
Good Times!
Silly Guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment