Oh boy! Did we have our work cut out for us yesterday. As everyone who knows, Chris and I have a tendency to push ourselves and our time to the limit quite often. If there's room to get something done and then something else we're gonna try and make it happen. Sleep is usually sacrificed and tiding up at home sometimes goes undone, but hey ya only live once. Why not do as much as you can? Hold on to your boots and get ready to see how our day went yesterday...
OBLIGATION # 1: Reindeer Run...Alarm goes off @ 6:30 am, Race starts @ 9:15am
So it had been up in the air all last week as to whether or not we would be able to partake in the race. The forecast had been showing rain that was increasing by the hour. By Friday night we were at 90% chance of rain and everyone but Chris was backing out due to not wanting to be in the cold rainy weather. My husband is one, very hardcore and two, cheap. He had paid for the race and he was going to do it rain or shine! Me on the other hand...no big deal. So when the alarm went off it had stopped raining but I saw that mom texted and said she was out because rain was falling at her house...then I got another text she was back in, rain had stopped. We raced around the house, got ready and headed downtown only to see it had started raining again! Mom and I in one car and Chris and his mom in another...which is part of the plan to reach another obligation...
Momma K, Momma B and Me in our reindeer ears.
Some of our boot camp crew.
My honey and me.

So we finished the race after running 3.1 miles in the rain, through the puddles surrounded by freezing cold wind! 9:50 am, no time to spare, I now had to take Chris to work, change my wet clothes and head to my next obligations...
OBLIGATION #2: Acupuncture 10:15 am
This was my first appointment and I was nervous and excited all in one. I was looking forward to the benefits that it could offer and really afraid the doctor was going to be a huge quack! To my surprise I met a nerdy white guy who looked like he'd never been laid before, who spoke in nothing more than a whisper but had this amazingly comforting smile. We had a brief consultation and after explaining what I was hoping to get out of the process he led me to the healing room...where before we entered I guess he felt the need from our consultation to let me know we speak no higher then a whisper when we enter. Am I really that see through? I can't help I'm naturally loud. Upon finding my chair and getting settled in he began the process of taking my pulse and weirdly enough, examining my tongue. I guess in Western medicine you can tell what is ailing a person from the shape and color of their tongue! Strange...I know. So then came the part of the actual insertion of the needles. To my surprise it wasn't too bad. With the exception of a few points I didn't really notice where they were. It was pretty cool. There was little to know pain and to being able to sit for an hour and half and just sleep in a warm snuggly room was wonderful.
OBLIGATION #3: 11:45 am wait on Chris to get off of, watch a movie, 2:30 pm pick Chris up from work, clean the house and get ready for our next event...
OBLIGATION #4: Jay's Birthday 6:00pm
WoW! My baby brother is 25. I can remember the day my mom brought him home from the hospital. I can remember it like it was yesterday. It was a sunny afternoon and I eagerly waited outside for them to pull up. I can remember my mom getting out of the car and me wanting to just see what he looked like. ..my brother was an old man!! Needless to say Jay and I were entertainment for one another growing up. I can recall so many great memories that we share together. He is someone who can make me laugh, always has a great embrace for those tough days and will always be the person that I defend just a little more than others. He definitely has a huge part of my heart and I will always be so proud to call him my brother! Love ya Jay!
Jay's Birthday Party @ Kelly's BBQ! Yummy!!
OBLIGATION #5: 7:30 pm Drinks with the birthday boy!
Nothing to major...just drinks and watching Florida lose to Alabama. Poor Tebow!
OBLIGATION #6: 8:30 Boot Camp Holiday Party
As many of you know Chris and I have been very dedicated to doing a fitness boot camp class for the past six months and have really enjoyed every bit of it. Unfortunately, for the month of November and December we decided to take some time off due to the holidays and Christmas money and planning for a trip in January. Even though we haven't seen our fellow team mates on a daily basis we still keep up and get together for socials. Yesterdays social was of course for Christmas. We were supposed to be there much earlier then when we actually arrived and with an appetizer in hand. Although, from what you know, there was no time to even think about getting food together for a party! So, we did as many of us do from time to time...we went empty handed and ate what everyone had left over!! Try not to judge us. No one even noticed! Through catching up with friends to Beer Pong Tournaments, Rock Band, Irish Car Bombs and Santa Exchange time flew by and before we knew it our day had creeped into Sunday!
Look Mom! At least we were safe and placed a tarp down so no one would slip and fall!!
Chris showing off His and Andrews Beer Pong Victory Bracket.
Me waiting my turn for Rock Band!! 
OBLIGATION #7: 1:30 am Get our butts to bed!!
As you can see our days can be pretty crazy and exhausting but we wouldn't change it for the world! Hope you didn't get lost or fall asleep during this long journey of an entry!!
No comments:
Post a Comment