Well, lets just say the images in my mind were clearly not what my fingers decided to cut out.
This year I was trying to make Elloree a gnome for Halloween. I had visions of an inexpensive costume that she would be able to move in freely. I didn't want anything bearish or ladybugish or the standard baby costume for a "1st" Halloween. So I went to Wal-Mart with my sugar plum dreams and got everything. Not bad...$13.00. Much better then one of those "package costumes".
You're doing great Stacey.
CRAFT MOM OF THE BLOCK awards were flooding my mind. My husband was going to think I was so crafty. Oh! How she would be able to look back and see how cute I had made her. It was perfect, that is until my hands touched the scissors and my crafty mind flew the coup!
I started with her gnome shoes that weren't too bad. Who'd notice? Then I cut out her apron and suspenders. Again, not perfect but, who'd notice? Finally, I made my way to the most important part of a gnome...the hat. I traced it out and carefully cut my design. Like before who'd notice the imperfections? It was just what I wanted. I topped it off with a flower and patted myself on the back. Sugar plum mission complete.
Boy, how wrong I was. My mom came over to join in the festivities. She watched me loose my cool trying to put on the gnome shoes. She watched me curse the pins holding the "freely moving" apron and last but not least she watched me snarl in disgust when hat I was so proud of didn't fit my daughters head! Yes, I FORGOT TO MEASURE HER HEAD. So, instead of my daughter looking like the sweet gnome I had envisioned; she looked like a cross between a very stylish Pope and a little girl carrying a bowling pin on her head!!! Wow. Maybe next year I should stick to the "package" deals.
You're doing great Stacey.
CRAFT MOM OF THE BLOCK awards were flooding my mind. My husband was going to think I was so crafty. Oh! How she would be able to look back and see how cute I had made her. It was perfect, that is until my hands touched the scissors and my crafty mind flew the coup!
I started with her gnome shoes that weren't too bad. Who'd notice? Then I cut out her apron and suspenders. Again, not perfect but, who'd notice? Finally, I made my way to the most important part of a gnome...the hat. I traced it out and carefully cut my design. Like before who'd notice the imperfections? It was just what I wanted. I topped it off with a flower and patted myself on the back. Sugar plum mission complete.
Boy, how wrong I was. My mom came over to join in the festivities. She watched me loose my cool trying to put on the gnome shoes. She watched me curse the pins holding the "freely moving" apron and last but not least she watched me snarl in disgust when hat I was so proud of didn't fit my daughters head! Yes, I FORGOT TO MEASURE HER HEAD. So, instead of my daughter looking like the sweet gnome I had envisioned; she looked like a cross between a very stylish Pope and a little girl carrying a bowling pin on her head!!! Wow. Maybe next year I should stick to the "package" deals.
Getting her ready
Me and my Pope
This Pope was pooped out. Time to go home.
No comments:
Post a Comment