Chris had such a lousy day today! It's bad enough that he's been stuck at work every single weekend for the past 7 months while everyone that he cares about is off enjoying the beach or hanging out with friends and family; but it's even worse when he's stuck there for 10-12 hours! Today was that day!! I got the phone call around 1oish and I could tell in his voice that today was not going to be a good day. His voice was irritated and tired and all he said was, "It's going to be a long day so go to dinner without me." As it turns out we had made plans with friends several weeks ago for dinner and tonight was the night we were supposed to meet. Knowing how bummed he was to one: be at work all day and two: miss dinner, I knew I had to at least make his night somewhat better. At his lat phone call he told me he wouldn't be home until 9:30 so arranged to have all of his favorite foods made and ready for him when he got home. So I went to the grocery store and picked up some steaks, a few veggies and peanut butter frosted cake. YUMMY!! While I was searching the produce section I had one of my "crafty" moments, so I snagged a lemon and headed for the check out. Once home I arranged a sweet little candle light dinner and waited anxiously by the door to see his lights turn down our street. As soon as I saw the car I stepped outside and placed the little lemon on the porch and headed back inside. I had written on message on it that said, "Lets take today's lemon and make lemonade out of tonight!" Cheesy, I know, but he loved it. The smile from the lemon alone was enough to know that my mission was accomplished. Even though he may have been at work all day and we missed dinner with friends, we still were able to make a great night out of the cards we were given. Thanks Chris for a wonderful night and for still making my heart skip a beat when I see you smile! Love, Stace
No comments:
Post a Comment