Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Goodbye Summer




The end of summer is nearing. The kids have all gone back to school, college football is in full swing and the weather is whispering that fall is on its way. The thought of wearing jeans and a sweatshirt and snuggling in a warm blanket make my heart flutter and I can't wait for cool days to hurry and get here. Labor Day is always that reminder that putting on the suits and hitting the water is about to end. This year was the first year we've actually had people over to just relax and hang out. We cooked some BBQ and some sides and just hung out in the comforts of the back yard. It was nice to have family over and just sit and eat and watch the kids play in hammock and on the slipping slide and not have to worry about work the next day. I'm not too sure what the real purpose is behind the holiday but whatever it is I was very thankful for the long relaxing weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment